CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Not Myself

Well, I know it's been 6 months since I last posted...but I really haven't been myself lately. I've been trying to do a lot of soul searching to figure out who I am, what I want out of my life, and where my life has been heading. I know that there are things in my life that aren't making me happy, and the problem is sticking up for myself and following through with the decisions I need to make. I don't do well with change but I won't allow myself to continue to be unhappy either. I need to find out who I am, what makes me smile, and start enjoy the simple things in life again.

Everyone can tell me what I need to do, but ultimately it is up to me to decide what path is best for me to go down. Yes, I know that sometimes the path I choose is going to be rocky. Yes, I know that there may be detours along the way. Yes, I realize that there will be others on this path to help me find my way. The path I have been on has come to a fork in the road...and now I must make a decision on which way to go. I am confused and scared and excited all at once.

I have always looked out for and cared about others' feels because, to me, that was more important than what I wanted. Well, I have decided that it's time for me to look out for me. That doesn't mean that I don't care about other peoples' feelings, but if I can't make myself happy and love myself...I can not make other people happy and show them love and caring and compassion the way they deserve.

I'm sorry if this post is a little sad or upsetting. I think I just needed to have some of my thoughts typed up to help motivate me. I know I can do this! I am stronger than I give myself credit for! And, God wouldn't be having me make these decisions if it wasn't that I needed a change!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I understand completely. I reached that fork in the road a few months ago. Though the road is very rocky most days I am much happier and less stressed. Wishing for you a happy new beginning! Have a blessed day

Dawn said...

tiffany , it sounds like you have been soul searching and its doing you some good. We are all just on a path and changes occur so often. Life is about change and how we can grow from it, how we handle it. Growth is a part of why we are here. God has a plan for you, not to harm you but to to make you prosper. Remember that. It's good to hear from you. I have missed your creativity.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Yep what they said. I know you'll make the right decisions.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!